Thursday, June 24, 2010

New faucet!

So after we got the tile backsplashed in the kitchen, the sink faucet, which was silver and had been here since the house was built 15 years ago, started spewing water out from all sides, so we had to get a new one. I looked into maybe replacing the sink at the same time because this one is so shallow, it won't hold anything. Only 6 inches deep! Unfortunately, that's because the plumbing line comes out of the wall that high up and so to get a deeper sink, would have required re-plumbing the water lines (not cheap). So we kept the old sink and just went with a new faucet. My old one didn't have a sprayer, so that was the first priority. I found this one at Lowe's and really liked it! It's the same polished brass that matches the cabinet doorhandles that I installed. I bought the matching drain stoppers so that there isn't any silver left, and we painted the ring around the sink. I think it looks pretty good! Never thought a sprayer and faucet could make me so happy... hopefully if we have to sell the house, these little, inexpensive changes will pay off!

No comments: